Carbis Bay Hotel & Estate
Although the hotel’s topography does not naturally lend itself to creating a totally accessible hotel, we make every effort to welcome all guests and have made investments to meet a range of needs. We welcome the opportunity to hear any suggestions as to other changes that we can make to help meet, or indeed surpass, requirements.
- We discuss with guests any special needs they may have before their arrival in order to plan any requirements. Then whilst with us, we assign a staff member as a designated ‘contact’ throughout the stay, facilitating anything that might be needed.
- We provide training to our staff to ensure all our guests feel included – many attend external training e.g. the Welcome All course.
- We welcome feedback from guests and employees on how we can improve accessibility for everyone.
Accessibility Information Provision and Promotion
- Information is promoted through a range of communication and marketing tools wherever appropriate.
- We have installed new signage, ensuring that it is clearly visible at our hotel, on our beach and in our self-catering properties.
Accessible Facilities and Services
- We are accessible via public transport (buses/interconnecting railway)/electric vehicles/walking.
- Guests can ‘drive to the door’ in our car park, enabling direct access to reception.
- We have made significant fabric investments, enabling our ground floor to be ‘on the flat’ – providing accessibility throughout.
- Service dogs are welcomed (hotel/beach/self-catering).
- Wi-Fi/mobile signal is available across a range of networks.
- Three ground-floor rooms have direct access to and from the car park.
- Three apartment suites have disabled access.
- We have ramp access, ground floor bedrooms and car park access to the cottage.
- We have refurbished our disabled toilets.
- We offer a guest-collection service from local stations.
- We have a ramp onto our beach – ideal for pushchairs and wheelchairs.
- We offer family/disabled parking spaces.
- We have baby-changing facilities.
- We are happy to accommodate any dietary requirements.
Understanding the Importance Of The Internet for the Visually Impaired
The Carbis Bay Hotel recognises the importance of providing a website that is accessible to all user groups, including the disabled. Therefore, we have implemented the following accessibility features on this website to make it easier to use for people with disabilities.
Our pages conform at a minimum to Level A compliance as specified by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines and endorsed by the Royal National Institute for the Blind (RNIB). All pages validate as XHTML5 and use structured semantic markup.